Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hard Candy Glamoflauge Concealer Review and Swatches - Light

Concealers are an essential part of transforming your look. They can brighten, cover, and mask imperfections. I have a red birthmark the size of a nickel on my right cheek, so concealers are an important step of my everyday routine.

Glamoflauge has been compared to Kat Von D's pricier concealer and has been living up to its claims in the beauty community. It is sold exclusively at Wal-Mart for the time being. Stock was pretty low when I grabbed mine... word is spreading about this product! Let's take a look.




I chose the shade light. Here is a swatch:


The Shade:

I almost always go for a shade lighter than my regular foundation for that brightening effect, but Light may actually be a bit too light for my NC25 skin. Not by an insane amount, but I think if I were to repurchase, I'd go for the next shade up.

The Formula: 

This concealer is VERY thick. A tiny bit goes a long way. It can be very cakey and unnatural looking if you apply too much. It applies pretty well and doesn't dry too quickly. The finish is a bit thicker and dryer than what I'm used to, even when applying just a tad, so it took some getting used to. But man, this stuff does do its job in covering. Take a look at the before and after photos!

The birthmark on my cheek. I am not wearing any makeup at all here:


After using Hard Candy's Glamoflauge in Light:


Awesome! It looks even better with foundation and powder.

Final Verdict:

I'm very impressed with the amount of coverage this product provides. It is also very affordable, a mere $6 at Wal-Mart. A fraction of the cost of Kat Von D's concealer! It is a smidge too thick for my liking, but overall pretty awesome for the price. This tiny tube is also going to last me a very long time... a little product goes a long way. Great value!

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment