Thursday, June 20, 2013

Clinique Line-Smoothing Concealer Review and Swatches - Moderately Fair

Many people think acne-prone teenagers or their grandma's makeup when they hear about Clinique. I have no idea why that is... they have some true gems in their line.

Clinique's line-smoothing concealer has been around for a while, and is pretty decently priced at $16.50.


The Shade:

The woman at the Clinique counter matched me to the shade Moderately Fair. I am extremely yellow and this concealer is pretty darn pink, but it doesn't seem to make a big difference after all the makeup is on. Here is a swatch. Forgive the phone-quality picture!



The Formula:

Color me impressed. I am really loving this concealer. I use it under the eyes, which it is made for, as the name implies, but also over my birthmark. It isn't as thick as Hard Candy's Glamoflauge, and blends effortlessly. I notice much less creasing with this concealer.

Let's take a look at a quick before and after with the concealer doing its job on my birthmark.

Zero makeup on here:


After with Clinique's Line-Smoothing concealer. (I did not do the circles under my eyes, just my birthmark).


As you can see, the coverage is very decent. A very natural finish.

Final Verdict:

This is one of Clinique's hits for me. The color selection is average, but the product itself is great. I will definitely repurchase this item... and most likely during their fantastic gift-with-purchase events!

9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment