Tuesday, June 18, 2013

MAC Studio Fix Powder Review and Swatches - NC25

In need of a powder with a broad range of shades with decent coverage? Meet MAC Studio Fix powder!

 

The Shade: 

MAC does a good job of matching my very yellow skin-tone. NC25 is a decent match for me during the summer months, when I'm a tad less pale. Swatch below:


The Formula:

Studio Fix is a nice finish matte powder. The wear time for me is about four hours before a bit of shine breaks through on my nose. The powder is very fine and smooth, not chalky. I love the amount of coverage I get, though it does look less smooth when approaching the four hour mark.

Side Note: 

This powder DOES break me out on my chin. It seems to be fine everywhere else on my face, but I do have sensitive skin and I always break out with horrible cystic acne on my chin after using this powder. It's rather unfortunate for me because it's not exactly easy finding shades in my color! Ladies with sensitive skin, be careful...

Final Verdict:

If you're looking for a powder with nice coverage in a variety of shades, MAC Studio Fix is a classic that will do you no wrong. If you happen to have sensitive skin, be careful before purchasing! I know my skin is sensitive, so I am not going to knock off points for the formula breaking me out. I did wish it lasted longer before having to touch up.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment